MUSKEGON, MI – Brandon John Terbeek is still on the loose while six of his co-defendants face charges in the courts system for allegedly assaulting a woman.
The group of seven is accused of beating up a woman, and at one point, attempting to sever her right index finger with a pair of pliers. All are charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm.
Terbeek, 21, has a warrant out pending his arrest, but his current whereabouts are unknown.
“Our office urges Mr. Terbeek to immediately turn himself to the Muskegon County jail or he will be captured and brought to justice,” said Muskegon County Prosecutor Timothy M. Maat.
The assault is alleged to have occurred Jan. 16 on Spring Street in Muskegon. The female victim had eyes swollen shut and a swollen tongue, and couldn’t speak or see when officers at first tried to interview her in a hospital emergency room. She also suffered a severely cut or lacerated finger in the attack.
While Terbeek remains at large, his co-defendents are being processed by the courts system:
- Austin Applegate, 19, was arraigned March 14. His preliminary exam has been set for March 27 in front of district court judge Raymond Kostrzewa.
- Two of the group, Chelsea Louise Berkley, 18, and Crystal Ann Greeno, 27, – who also uses the surname Kautz — waived their preliminary exams March 14 in district court before Judge Harold Closz. Their charges have been bound over to circuit court.
- Crystal’s husband, Spencer Mark Greeno, 21, earlier waived his preliminary exam on March 8. His next court date in circuit court has not yet been scheduled.
- Keaizza Monique Matthews has been arraigned and has a preliminary exam set for March 27 in front of judge Raymond Kostrzewa, the same time as Applegate.
- Matthew William Henderson, 33, had his preliminary exam scheduled for March 14 adjourned to 10 a.m. April 4 before Judge Closz. Henderson has the highest bond of the group, at $50,000, and remains in jail.
“The public can provide information to silent observer about the whereabouts of Mr. Terbeek, Maat said. Anonymous information can be left by calling 231-72-CRIME or by leaving a web tip at www.silentobservermuskegon.com or to the Muskegon Police Department.
See the full article here: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/03/7_charged_with_womans_assault_1.html